Our enthusiastic coaching team are all qualified professional coaches offering group and individual sessions for adults and children throughout the week. From tots to Tennis Xpress, it’s rarely too early or too late to improve your game and learn some new techniques. If you or your child are completely new to the sport, contact Richard (tennis) or John (squash and racketball) to advise you on the lessons and equipment to get you on court soon.
Our coaching is provided by WAM Tennis and its Director Richard Whichello. Richard has been a member of the club for over 40 years and built up a reputation for a quality coaching programme providing lessons from beginners through to national level.
WAM Tennis coaches are highly qualified and available for individual lessons, they also run group coaching for beginners, improvers, cardio tennis, intermediate, team training and performance. All coaches are LTA licensed, DBS checked and regularly attend LTA update courses.
To book a lesson, simply call the coach or contact WAM Tennis Director Richard Whichello on 07786 182571
- Director of WAM Tennis
- LTA Level 3 Qualified Licensed Coach
- Has led WAM Tennis for over 10 years, having previously worked at AELTC (Wimbledon)
- Richard was Great Britain number 1 junior and represented Great Britain in the Davis Cup
- He has coached many players and taken some through to County, National and International level
Richard leads a number of junior and adult groups and his favourite slogan is “Practice doesn’t make perfect…perfect practice makes perfect”
£30 an hour/£35 an hour for 2-4 players
Phone: 07886 182571 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Performance
- LTA Level 3 Qualified Licensed Coach (working towards Level 4)
- Anna was a nationally ranked player in her native Poland
- Anna has been coaching for 10 years and is currently working with some top County and National players
- At the Club she heads up the performance programme and coaches all level of players
- Anna shares her infectious enthusiasm for the game that ensures you have a fun lesson and can see immediate results from her coaching
£30 an hour/£35 an hour for 2-4 players
Phone: 07761 306738 | Email: email@example.com
- LTA Level 4 Qualified Licensed Coach
- Jacquie played for her County for many years and competed Nationally
- She has 15 years of coaching experience and has worked with all levels of players from beginners through to National level
- Jacquie teaches junior and adult groups and takes the adult team practice
- Jacquie is a very popular coach at the club. Her lessons are always extremely well-structured and she has a calm and disciplined approach
Rate £30 an hour/£35 an hour for 2-4 players
Phone: 07939 145351 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Le Pla
- LTA Level 2 Qualified Licensed coach, currently on Level 3 course
- A former national junior champion and an active and successful club player
- Gary was a contemporary of Tim Henman and Jamie Delgado in the David Lloyd Slater Squad
- Gary is changing career and is particularly keen to gain experience of all playing abilities, with both adults and children
£25 an hour/£30 an hour for 2-4 players
£15 for 30 minutes, £20 for 45 minutes
Phone: 07910770147 | Email: email@example.com
Our squash coaching is led by John Barry.
Our lessons are all either 1:1 or in small groups so you will get individual attention. Our youngest trainee is 5 years of age and the most senior is 74.
Some juniors work on squash as part of a GCSE qualification in PE. Others are following The Duke of Edinburgh Award course. Others represent the county and have achieved high national ranking.
So, if you want to begin playing squash/racketball, or to improve your existing skills…
- England Squash Level 3 Advanced Coach
- John has coached full time professionally for over 20 years
- He coaches children and adults at all levels, on an individual basis and in groups
- Sessions are fun and you see immediate results
- Most of the junior groups are on Saturday afternoons and provide for all ages and abilities
£25 for 40 minutes.
Fees between £10 and £15 according to numbers.
Fees between £6 and £8 according to age and numbers.
Phone: 07957 373402